The following Persian recipes are very popular Guilac dishes.
They are made of vegetables, herbs and egg and are used as vegetarian gourmet food.
Ingredients: carrots 2 pounds, eggs 6, cooking oil 1/4 cup, lemon juice 2Tsp, sugar1/4 cup, water 1/2 cup, salt and pepper
1. Fry grated carrots over medium heat using the cooking oil in a
nonstick saucepan and stir often until golden
2. Mix sugar, warm water, lemon juice and add to carrot, cover and cook
for 15 minutes over low heat
3. Uncover and let the extra water to evaporate over higher heat
4. Remove the pan from the heat
5. In the same pan, divide the carrots into 6 parts and leave a place for
each egg between them
6. Place the pan over heat again and break each egg into its place
Serve readily with rice or bread